September 28, 2011

Grandma is a Kindergarten Flunkie


I'm so glad to be old. Ok, esta bien, I'm not ooold, but as my father told me several years back, "You're no spring chicken." Lovely huh? Anyways, glad to be past school age K -12 (college I still plan to continue, but that's another story). Several years ago when My Little One ,the intense 19 yr old, was in 6th grade and I saw they were teaching her pre -Algebra I was a little taken aback, but I was in no way ready to see what they are expecting Kindergarteners to do.

Then again, this is the generation who knows how to work a Wii, an Ipad and a Blu Ray while I'm still mourning the end of the VHS. My mind boggles just looking at the number of remote controls my grandbabies can use and differentiate between. And the quick thinking needed for some of these apparatus? Me keep up? JU SO FONII !!! My cell phone (the basic kind- not even WiFi) has many a missed call because I couldn't find the correct button on time. But today's children? The technology, the languages (gracias to abuelos and to TV's Dora and Kai-lan), the information and senses bombardment,and the country trying to raise it's educational level to compete in a Global society has lead us to ask our 5 year olds to perform weekly book reports and presentations. De veras! I kid you not. We need gifted communicators and apparently good test takers, because here's El Dr. doing his homework which needs to be bubbled in!

Can you imagine?




The children of today will need to be full of



Self worth





Determination






Attitude






Oh yeah. O Si.
I would have flunked Kinder(garten), but they're gonna be just fine.






Babushka Besos a todos. Cuidensen.



Bohemian Babushka
Bohemian Babushka

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!