September 14, 2011

Time Traveling- Florida's Spanish Legacy, Past, Present and Future

Oldest European Colony in North America-  San Agustin

446 already?  Why it seems like just yesterday Don Pedro Menendez got off the boat.  Sorry, I'm Cuban, I had to say something about getting off a boat.


In all seriousness, BB loves this kind of stuff.  Re enactments, hands on learning, dressing up in costumes and playing a part- me pass up a chance to do esto?   JU SO FONI !!!

Kristin King & BB


As part of a theatre troupe "Theatre with a Mission" -  under the wonderful direction of Ben Gunter and for Mission San Luis ( www.missionsanluis.org )  we were invited by the marvelous group Florida Living History (www.FloridaLivingHistory.org) to help them with their re enactment.  Let me tell you- they take their history seriously.  These people know their stuff!!  There were encampments, cannons, flags, and fun-   lots of it.  


           PROCESSIONAL MARCH TO WELCOME DON PEDRO MENENDEZ 





Oh the pomp and pagaentry!  You know I love it, but you know what I love more?  AIRE CONDICIONADO!!!  Don't know how the people of yore did it, pero let me tell you,  BB was bushed and baked.  Nada de termino medio- I was well done!!!  Pero I will definitely be back for more... in December.  Those dedicated souls of the Florida Living History will have another re enactment then, and I can't wait to attend, but para ahora I had my taste of the past- now homeward and onward to the future.

And what a promising future it is!  Come Thursday, September 15, up here in the South we will commence to celebrate National Hispanic Month with the THLPE and partake of the mingling, the networking, and of course, the PARTYING!!!  



Patrocinado por el Tallahassee Hispanic Latino Professionals & Entrepreneurs, we are well represented by this group of  enchanting, enlightened visionaries who believe our views as latins enhance this country.  


Spanish visionaries seeing something special in this land -  see the connection?  



 Oyé, me quedó bien.  










Babushka Besos a todos.  Cuidensen.



Sonia Guerra
Sonia Guerra

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!