April 04, 2012

Life is but a dream





Row, row, row your boat- gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.


Wow- how deep is that? Almost scary the simplicity and how "in your face" that is.


¿Que creen?  What says you? Should we go gently but with a smile on our face?  No se, I'm Cuban- the smile esta bien, pero the "gently"?  Ok, Si,  I hear you.  "Pero BB dear, you're getting older you should start doing gentle." JU SO FONII!!!  Slower mayyyybbeeee pero gentle?  So sorry, can't do it.  It's not in my constitution, not in my soul.

Perhaps it was all the sofrito, but I need a bit of "oomph" in life, a bit of spice.  I need the passion, the energy- everything felt and done with every atom of my being and down to my very essence.  There is no gentleness there, for even in a tender caress the intensity of my beliefs come through, and though "this ol' gray mare ain't what she used to be", she can still give a pretty good kick!

 "Life is but a dream"?  No, no, no- it's not how most interpret that.  Life is not something that happens to us while we're in a dreamlike trance.  Bueno, if you think about it, maybe that's why it's usually interpreted that way- because most people are living lives that were pre-programmed by someone else.  Por fa gente, MAKE your life YOUR dream.  Set your own sights, chart your way, and since you picked the destination, don't fight the voyage.  Si, in this way you truly can go merrily down the stream.


BB is living her dream merrily, still with gusto, focus and style.  Perhaps the pace has slowed and the baile I dance is now a waltz, but the choice of song is always mine.






Babushka Besos a todos.  Cuidensen.



P.S. The video is from YouTube titled "Viennesse Waltz".  A waltz performed by the SUU Ballroom Dance company during their 04 Spring concert  Music by Goo Goo Dolls, song title Iris, posted by willowbrook32. BB thanks them all for the brilliance and beauty of this piece.


Sonia Guerra
Sonia Guerra

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

10 comments:

  1. I love this post...yes, life is sooo much more than a dream if you dream it and do it and don't let anyone or anything get in your way!!

    ADELANTE!! mujer con pasion y todo...
    Zulmara

    http://raicesywings.blogspot.com/2012/04/apple-impact.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zulmara, Thank you so much for your great, great comment!

      And of course it has to be w/passion, otherwise- pa' que?? Something tells me I'm singing to the choir on that one. ; )

      BB2U

      Delete
  2. The older I get, the stronger I feel. I might be a little softer and rounder physically but I know what I've been through and what I am capable of. I'm looking forward to 50!
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To 50 and BEYOND!!! 1962- it was a very good year.

      ; )

      Mil Gracias for the comment- much appreciated, and much agreed with.

      BB2U

      Delete
  3. LOVING this post!! chase your dreams!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms.- EXACTAMUNDO!! Chase those dreams- unfortunately mine are playing hard to get!

      ; )

      Mil Gracias for following and commenting.
      BB2U

      Delete
  4. Dear Social Butterfly, Your are living your dream and flying high. Enjoy the sights from up there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias mujer- I am living my dream, and enjoying it immensely. BB2U

      Delete
  5. Hi BB,

    Que bueno!! Gracias por sharing @ The Show Off Blog Party. It's soo true. We make our own life and destiny. If you had a like button, I would hit it twice. Duh!!! found it --->. Thank you again for posting this! I just shared it on FB. Please stop by again next week. We'd love to have you party with us again!!

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Develop Your YouTube today without problems by means of simple community that lets in you to benefit 1000 free YouTube subscribers and perspectives to your channel. For resolving outlook pii errors for [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] go to Askcoran now. To test your sites domain Authority navigate to DA PA Checker device now on LetMePost

    ReplyDelete

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!