June 27, 2012

Absence Makes el Corazon Grow Fonder

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. After almost 2 1/2 months away, apparently that cliché became a clincher.  Babushka's going to be a bride.  Ok, si, I was engaged before going to Miami, but the date was ambivalent and, "Well, it'll be in April. Not sure what year, but definitely in April."  Bueno, now we know the year - 2013.  Oh my.

This will be BB's third marriage, his first. I can hear y'all echoeing- Oh my.  Guess you can say "they got themselves a real live one" - and we have.  We both think we're very lucky to have found each other and actually are a bit surprised it took so long to meet.  Imaginate- he's 6'4" and I'm... Babushka, so we don't exactly blend into the crowd, especially in this little rural town.  It took us 5 years to meet, 2 years together and 2.5 months apart to set a date, but it's set. 



So, how do weddings for "mature mates" differ from the younger couples? 
 JU SO FONII!!!  Maybe because I've already had my church wedding with all the whistles, but at this point we just want FUN.  A true celebration for all involved- including and especially the bride and groom.  This being his first wedding we wanted to make sure his mother would be able to attend, so we chose to have the ceremony near her home in central Florida.  Years ago I fell in love with the beautiful and tranquil  Bok Towers and thought what a beautiful place for a wedding this would be; amazing how the heart knows long before we do. 


The Singing Towers- Bok Towers

The spiritual sense of belonging, the soul of our celebration,would be represented perfectly in this setting.  But we all know, or should know, marriage isn't all tranquility and silence- especially with a Cubana, so we needed to find a place representing the other side. A place that was loud, in color and noise, mentally stimulating, tiring, and entertaining all rolled into one- a place like




Now how apropo, perfect and FUN is that? 
Can't you just see Babushka and Sweetie at the reception?



Actually, that's one of the reasons this wedding will be more fun. You dear readers will help me plan the little details that drive brides into bridezillas.  How do you see my wedding/reception dress?  Remember I'm over the top, but a no fuss kinda gal, so the wedding dress will go straight on the rollercoasters of Legoland. The bouquet? His wedding garb? Our wedding colors are turquoise- you decide w/what, and he likes folk music while I like something danceable. The grandbabies (all 4 of them) will be there so it'll definitely be lively and with your input lovely. 


Looking forward to the day and your visions of it.


Babushka Besos a todos.  Cuidensen.


P.S.  The number of wedding guests won't be over 25, 30 at most- so let's not go too crazy.
  Para eso estoy yo.

; )






Bohemian Babushka
Bohemian Babushka

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

28 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Congratulations BB. They say the third time is the charm, I am so happy for you even though I think back to the days when I had my own crush on you :) I wish you well, I wish you happiness and I especially wish you fun!!! Now it's time to enjoy!! God Bless you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luis,
      Obviously Sweetie has your great taste ; ) Now let's hope his temperament and aguante are the same as yours too. You've been married 20+ years now? May God continue to bless your union tambien querido amigo and thank you for the heartfelt comment.

      BB2U

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you amiga and your sweetie!
    Deseandote toda la felicidad que trae un amor verdadero.

    Your wedding sounds like an interesting event. I can't wait to read all about the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Letty! Interesting... like life w/BB, yes I suppose it will be. jehe As far as details, I hope you with your exquisite taste will be able to visualize a Babushka wedding and let me know what you see.

    BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be a beautiful bride. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay gracias mujer. Living in "the South" I know you'll understand me when I say- if glowing is beauty, then you're right- I'm gonna be downright ravishing!! ; )

      Gracias por el lindo comentario. Abrazos y BB2U.


      P.S. To those not in the know- a Southern lady "glows", everyone else sweats.

      Delete
  5. Super happy for you, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicidades, BB! It's sounds like your wedding will be a blast. Wishing you lots of joy and happiness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ezzy, I know it will be. Maybe not the classiest event, but it'll definitely be an event!! heje Gracias for your wishes.

      BB2U

      Delete
  7. Congratulations my friend!! Wishing you all the happiness in the world, this wedding certainly sounds like it will be INOLVIDABLE, just like you chica!! I certainly see abanicos being a big part of it, not just part of the wedding dress but maybe also playing a part in the decorations? I see laughter and happy, loud people having FUN! ... tropical wild flowers and a bohemian/gitana feel to it as well. Love the idea of a bohemian/cuban wedding with salsa and live folk music!! Maybe everything can be fun and loud buy you can pull everything together with the colors like all white with turquoise details that "pop" out (just like you and your sweetie). De nuevo FELICIDADES!!! un abrazo para ambos xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ESO!! Viste? That's why you're my friend- Brilliant y Bella- just like me! ; ) Loving the ideas- ahora si que me estoy getting excited- colors & fans everywhere!!! Oh yeah.

    Gracias for the wonderful ideas & your friendship.

    BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I am thrilled!!!! Cant wait to see those pics and LEGOLAND!! OMG I really need to go there!! so much FUN!!!! yeeeeeey babu!! congrats honey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah. Don't know about the pics, but I know it'll be fun!

      BB2U

      P.S. I'm thrilled too. : )

      Delete
  10. BB, you're getting married! Congrats. ¡Me muero de la dulzura! And a LEGO-themed wedding?! My son just celebrated his 7th year with a Lego b-day party, so I'll let him plan YOUR wedding ;)

    Once again, FELICITACIONES :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silvinita!! Si, getting married- can you believe it? Thank you for the well wishes, and as far as your son being the wedding planner... what's his hourly rate?

      ; )

      Gracias for the comment y muchos BB2U.

      Delete
  11. Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!! Legoland sounds like so much fun!! I agree a fun wedding there is perfect for the whole family. Again, congrats!! Love the post BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Si, it does sound like fun doesn't it? I'm getting so psyched!

      Gracias for the well wishes,comment and compliment.

      BB2U

      Delete
  12. Cannot tell you how happy I am my dear friend. God always knows what's best for us. Muchas bendciones!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sols!! Yes, it always ends up better than we imagined if we allow it to just flow. Thank you so much for the blessing and the comentario.

      BB2U

      P.S. You sure you won't renew your notary license?

      Delete
  13. Congrats!! Thanks for stopping by Me + the Moon lady! Gotcha back on Bloglovin, GFC + Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! I found you via the Mommy's Mingle and am happy to be your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting! You can consider that follow back done.

      BB2U

      Delete
  15. Hi! I'm following you from Mom's Monday Mingle. Look forward to coming back and reading more! Would appreciate the follow back!
    Have a great day! -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Kat thanks for the visit, the comment and the promise to dance some more. Swinging by your blog ahora mismo!

      BB2U

      Delete
  16. Congrats!!! so happy for you :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias niña linda- so am I !! ; )

      Thanks for coming by and commenting.

      BB2U

      Delete

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!