July 18, 2012

Serendipity & Synchronicity- Si,Si,Si!!

Serendipity & Synchronicity, the two S Sisters.   Serendipity is the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for.  Or as the Encyclopedia/World Book of the computer age Wikipedia defines it, a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; specifically, the accident of finding something good or useful without looking for it.  Ahora Synchronicity is an apparently meaningful coincidence in time of two or more similar or identical events that are casually unrelated. Queeeee??? Ok si, she's the most complex of the hermanitas; I'll give you un ejemplo.

How could moving Up North to The South possibly help me go on a once in a lifetime dream trip highlighting my Hispanic Heritage? Who'd have thunk it? But it did, and I am, and I must thank the sisters for their part.  Here's the story in an espresso timeline, so try to keep up ok?

Moved to Tallahassee- joined TWAM when a call was made for Spanish speaking volunteer actors. JU SO FONIII!!!  Si, it had been almost 30 years since I acted, and si, my native tongue is Spanglish, pero here that's considered a fluent Spanish speaker, so I was in.  Thanks to TWAM I entered the world of reenactments, history, and a longing to socialize with other hispanics.  This lead me to find Hispanicize.  During an outloud dreaming session I asked the founder, Manny Ruiz what would it take to be able to attend Hispanicize 12, and he gifted me an entrance!!  That entrance led me to a presentation by travel bloggers, in particular Maria De Los Angeles who, with pirate garb on, had traveled around Florida visiting pirate sites  and writing about the adventure.  SYNCHRONICITY!!  I approached (ok, stalked) her after the talk was done and explained how I had wanted to do something similar by traveling to all the VivaFlorida500 events in costume. She was a dear, didn't laugh and even gave me some pointers! Not only did Maria not laugh, she invited BB to join her on a history making roadtrip about history- Latino Heritage to be specific. We would combine her journalism /travel experience with my costuming/acting to form an unforgettable team for an unforgettable trip.  SERENDIPITY!!


Serendipity and Synchronicity-
You go girls!!! 



And what exactly is this roadtrip the hermanitas have honored me with?


American Latino Heritage Fund -National Parks Original Group 2012



"visiting historic sites protected by the National Park Service
that honor the contributions of Latinos throughout American history."


Not only did the sisters introduce me to the wonderful aforementioned people and organizations, I'm working with major sponsors of the trip, the American Latino Heritage Fund, the National Park Foundation, Chevrolet- GM Diversity, and Verizon Wireless.

Considering the short time Babushka's been blogging this is a very big honor and I hope to do it justice, therefore... I will be burning up Tweety & Feibu with updates and if I'm not burned by the end of each day I will be posting here.  Si, yo se, I've been taking my vitaminas and resting up for the trip so I should be fine.

Y si no....

there's always cafecito Cubano.

; )



Babushka Besos a todos.  Cuidensen.




Bohemian Babushka
Bohemian Babushka

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck amiga! Good things come to those who deserve them! ;)
    Looking forward to your updates. BTW wow! you got busy on your sidebar since the last time I was here! YEAH!!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula for always coming by and saying such nice comments. Parece that it's BB's turn to really start bailando, and I'm a ready!!

      As far as the sidebar, Sweet Silvinita has been a dear and helped me w/the consolidation of buttons. Now I'm looking for a cool tab bar for the top. Anybody know where I can get fans? ; )

      BB2U

      Delete
  2. Fantastico!! I'm so happy for your success. I can't wait to hear your stories from your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Maria- and to tell you the truth, I can't wait either!! heje Thanks for twirlin' by.

      BB2U

      Delete
  3. awwww I am loving the updates...trying to follow them everywhere you guys go... this is history in the making... sigue bailando!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JU KNOW IT!!! heje Gracias Jorge for your well wishes and your comment.

      A BAILAR SE HA DICHO!!!!

      BB2U

      Delete
  4. Congratulations BB!!! You so deserve this. I cannot wait to begin reading about your traveling adventures. I look forward to it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Letty! Gracias mija, What a difference a view months can make huh? Thanks to the sisters and Hispanicize this is coming about- and thanks to el apoyo of friends like you who keep BB bailando.

      This is just the beginning.

      BB2U

      Delete
  5. You go amiga. I feel blessed to be among great woman. Enjoying and celebrating your success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAYL!! Back At Ya Loca!!

      The feeling is very mutual- Gracias.

      BB2U

      Delete

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!