September 21, 2012

Bella Bradenton- It's All in the Details

So, hopefully you've all read the American Latino Heritage Fund Roadtrip Recap, which told of parks and history and things like that, bueno, now let BB tell you about the beauty and hospitality I experienced during that trip.  Y'all know Florida has the reputation of being a sunny, beautiful state with beaches a lots of hospitality, and nowhere is that more evident than in Bradenton.  Ahora, we have lots of beaches, but not all of them have the kind of hospitality I experienced here, and arriving at 3 am that's a very nice thing to experience.

Handwritten welcome note.


Nice Florida beach homey decor

And believe it or not, though La Tata who is very afraid of them wouldn't believe me, I found it very comforting to have my own Guardian Gecko.  At 3 am after a long drive it's nice to feel acompañada and  looked after.  Queee? JU SO FONII!!!  Ok si, it was late and I was tired, pero still, if Mulan can have her dragon I can have my Gecko.





In the morning George was gone. 

But of course I named him, he gave me peace through the night 
and brought me a beautiful morning.












For BB My Beautifuls, it's all in the details.  The wonderful people  of Tropic Isle did a marvelous job of surprising me with lots of details.  From the handwritten note, to the fancy folds,










to the complimentary gourmet breakfast they gave me.



Mind you My Beautifuls, my room had a refrigerator, microwave, stove, toaster oven and all the utensils/dishware you could possibly want or need, yet they gifted this Vieja Viajera with a marvelous meal. Love that attention to detail.

And I loved Ms. Anitra.


Babushka was bombarding her with questions and verifying answers.  Ok si, it was more like repeating myself because I couldn't remember her answers, pero what do you expect after just 4 hours of sleep?  She was una muñeca, never losing her patience, always professional yet friendly at all times.  Just darned nice.  

Actually, the only negative thing I can say about my time in the Tropic Isles Beach Resort in Bradenton? 

 It was too short a stay.

; )

Babushka Besos a todos.  Cuidensen.


P.S.  Thanks to the lovely Ms. Tara of the BACVB for finding these accommodations. Not only is the Tropic Isles family friendly, but it's pet friendly too.  I was originally going to stop at Bradenton from Miami (dog rescue/intervention- a story for another post) but had my interview rescheduled so I went straight home to Tally.  No hay mal que por bien no venga- There's always a silver lining, and mine was staying here.  Sincerely hope to bring the family.

P.P.S.  Naturally there are more pictures on my Feibu and my YouTube Channel has a video I made on Tropic Isles.  Heje  I'm liking this, I really am.

P.P.P.S.  All pictures, opinions and craziness are my own.  The compensated articles did not dictate them.  


Bohemian Babushka
Bohemian Babushka

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

9 comments:

  1. I can tell you had a blast there. I will love to join to the American Latino Heritage Roadtrip. Also, I used to have a Gecko visiting my bedroom every morning while i was getting ready to go to school for around 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alejandra I truly did have a wonderful time. Did you happen to name your Gecko too?

      Thanks for the visit, BB2U

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well thank you Jai! BB's liking the pic and video aspect of blogging and of course the nice comments like yours.

      Gracias y BB2U

      Delete
  3. Con ganas to go anywhere. My suitcase is so dusty! What a beautiful spot. Georges' relatives live in my house. No crickets in here this summer!
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa mujer- mueve la colita! Dust off that maleta y a viajar. When BB gets like that I just look up my nearest park and campground (in fl. winter) and go.

      Glad I'm not the only one who appreciates George and his kind. Thx for dancing w/me again y BB2U.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes it was. I'm thinking of getting a group of blogueras to go and just chill... sounds nice huh?

      Gracias for commenting- BB2U.

      Delete
  5. Wow!! looks like fun. I love traveling and exploring as well. My suitcase is ready when your ready! :)

    ReplyDelete

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!