October 18, 2012

My Last Day in Miami- Day 11 of SMCSF 30 day blog challenge

My last day in Miami. Queee?? JU SO FONII!!!
Not as in LAST day in Miami, remember I have my grandbabies y familia there, last day as in last day I was there of last week.


Woke up early (bueno, 9 is early for BB) had mi café con leche and took the guagua to see the exhibition on fans currently showing in the Freedom Tower. Viste? Now you know I had to see that right? Ok, I had luckily scheduled going Wednesday-luckily because that's the only day bus #8 from Little Havana goes that way.  Unluckily I found this upon my arrival.


Open 12 pm


But luck is what you make of it, soooo I looked around and saw.... right across the street...




What is Bayside you ask?  





It is the Miami shopping experience that caters to tourists but is enjoyed by natives too.  Y como Babushka has the advantage of being both... an outsider with an insider's memories, it was time to revisit the beauty of Bayside.  As far as BB's concerned this is an almost perfect place to enjoy Miami's fama.


 It has the modern with the past






highrises with thatch huts...



Something for the Little Ones-




and something for the not so little ones.


There's culture-



Pop Culture

My Ode to Tom Hanks



and of course


SHOPPING FOR EVERYONE!!!


An old favorite-



The Disney Store.  Note to Santa- 
Pocahontas Doll Por fa. 
I promise I'll be...
better.


And new loves


Christmas in Miami- just the name makes me smile. 

and so does their merchandise.



This store deserves a post of it's own, and just like the holiday it represents,
it'll be here sooner than you think!


Oh my, the shops!!


Quick tour of some of my faves.  
TRAFFIC, used to shop for my trio there; so glad they're still around. Good shoes great prices.
The view of the shops from the inside - cool right?
How the police men patrol Bayside- even cooler huh?
Escalators to get to the segundo floor- after all the walking, the coolest of all!
Taste of India- might be visiting again for wedding attire.
Torrid- modern clothes for mujeres w/curves. Ms. Philly said there was a Torrid in Tally!  
How fonii is it that I'd find that out here in Miami.  Who knew??
And speaking of fonii- Crocs that actually look like shoes. 
Y guess what? These Crocs Babushka actually likes!

and speaking of likes...


if anyone's wondering what to get BB as a wedding present, any of these would be good.

; )



Continuing.


Two things Miami is famous for-  its' food and its' beautiful views





Completo.

And now in view is the original destination point- the Freedom Tower,
Pa' ya voy, I'm on my way




And I'm ready.



Babushka Besos a todos.  Cuidensen.


P.S.  To those of you who don't know what that little spray bottle is for-



Bohemian Babushka
Bohemian Babushka

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

7 comments:

  1. Babushka,

    As many times as I have been to Bayside, you gave me a different perspective that is wonderful!

    @marlenembryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Magnifique Marlene- Gracias!! BB loves to receive comments, especially when they let me know I've made a positive vibe appear in someones world. Very happy and appreciative of your words.

      BB2U

      Delete
  2. Take my to Bayside!! Looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUAH MARIA!! Maybe my wedding will be there... and you too?

      BB2u

      Delete
  3. A fan exhibit! That's so perfect. I hope you were able to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of photos Letty- and you're gonna love 'em!

      BB2U

      Delete

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!