October 12, 2012

Oldie but a Goody- Day 5 of 30 day blog challenge


No, I'm not talking about BB.  Bueno, Ok, Si, I am but indirectly.  The title of today's post is just to let you know that this is in reality a repost of a post I did last year.  Queee?  JU SO FONII!!!  Of course Babushka hasn't run out of things to write/talk about.  Soy Cubana remember?  I ALWAYS have something to say.  No, this is a breather.  I really partied hearty my Bday month and I will be returning  Up North in The South today, so I figured I'd give us all a breakesito and a good laugh.*  Yes, I did check with the SMCSF and this will count, JUST THIS ONCE, because I'm adding to the prior post, and because they love their Babushka.


Fall Part 2  (originally posted on 12/7/11)

OK, so I continue my discurso on Fall. In case you didn't gather from the last post, this is my favorite time of year. The temperature starts dropping (of course that's up here in North Florida, in Miami? JU SO FONII !!! ), there's pumpkin pie and caramel apples in the grocery stores, the fashions are fabulous, and the holiday lights are beginning to twinkle in the darker crisp nights. Si, yo se, I didn't state the obvious, the reason Fall is called Fall. The leaves, they are a changin' colors and faaalllliiinnnggg, but that's not the only thing that's falling.

Let us go back to fashions shall we? Even though BB adooores fall fashions, I do concede there are possible drawbacks. Last week, BB went to apoyar-support- a performance given by fellow actors of the TWAM- Theater With A Mission troupe, and of course had to look every bit the distinguished diva that she is. The nightime temperatures were going to drop into the low 40's so out came the box of winter clothing and I picked my ensemble. My divine divaness decided on the flowered black fan, my BB headscarf, my black cape, a lime green turtleneck, a black background flowered see through long sleeved shirt, black dress slacks, black tights and black high heeled boots. I should have left the last two items in the box. Apparently the tights and the boots, as well as BB, had aged in the last year and the proof of that would be apparent before the end of the evening.

Now, I did notice the tights were not quite as snug as they should be- at least not in the right places. Oh they were tight enough up to the upper thighs and then it seemed the elastic powers of the poor dears could take no more. They just hung there, mid thigh. Running behind schedule (Cubana remember?) I rationalized that my pants would keep them up, so off my daughter and I went. Arriving at the location, I jump out of the car only to have my smarty 19 year old ask why I'm walking funny. She's sooooo lucky I had my hands in my pockets trying to hold up the tights and couldn't give her a good ::BOPASO::  with my fan...

I quickly found the nearest ladies' room and did what any self respecting nifty, almost 50, diva abuela would do. I undressed, put my granny panties on top of the now midthigh "tights" and put my slacks and boots back on before they became knee highs. If you're female I know you've felt my pain.

Bueno, para no cansarte, we watched the brilliant performance of our actors and in the glow of their well deserved applause they asked the rest of the troupe to join them on stage. A little background info here- my daughter asked why I was going if I wasn't going to be acting. I informed her that BB didn't always have to be the center of attention- to which she laughed/choked. "Mom, you can't help yourself- it's who you are, what you do." And y'all wonder why puberty ::shudder:: has left me shell shocked.

Continuing. I go towards the other actors and finding no steps attempt to climb onto the stage.  Notice I wrote attempt. Between the high heels, the midthighs-almost-knee-highs tights and my age, you can forget about it. My right foot was on the stage, with me trying to get momentum by pushing off the ground repeatedly with the left foot while sputtering "Ahem,hem,hem" to cover any creaks or cries from my joints and bones.
It was not a diva moment.

In all fairness, my 19 year old showed self control. She did not say anything until the ride home. Then the hysterical laughter shook the car windows.


"See? You can't help yourself- it's who you are, what you do."



Babushka Besos a todos. Cuidensen.




*10/2012  BB can laugh about this now.  Hope you did too.

; )

BB2U



Bohemian Babushka
Bohemian Babushka

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

20 comments:

  1. BB, you crack me up. Pero, no picture(s)? Unfortunately I can relate your tights with my shoes. Is it possible for someone's foot to grow? :) What's this 30-day challenge you're doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ezzy! No, no pictures, it was before I had a camera...apparently it was a funny sight because My Little One still thinks about it and starts laughing. heje

      The SMCSF (Social Media Club South Florida) has a contest going on to see who can blog consistently for 30 days. Porque no? Soy vieja, menopausal y Cubana- don't think I'll ever run out of things to say. ; )

      Smile everytime I see you here, gracias y BB2U.

      Delete
  2. You're an awesome story teller, BB! LOL! Go BB!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jaha And you're preciosa Isabel! Thanks for always making this vieja feel good.

      BB2U

      Delete
  3. I would love to see pictures too!!!!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, the mental picture isn't embarrassing enough?!?!? ; )

      Glad you enjoyed it, BB2U.

      Delete
  4. You are very funny. I love the way you share your story. I wish you the best luck on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, and thank you. But most of all thank you for joining my dance.

      BB2U

      Delete
  5. Too bad that contest is not being held in New York, I could definitely blog for 30 days straight! I wish this had pictures too! :)

    Tracy @ Ascending butterfly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another one wanting pictures!! ; )

      heje gracias for coming by.

      BB2U

      Delete
  6. I like that you can share hilarious not so flattering stories abut yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queee??? Holding up tights and walking like a penguin isn't flattering? ; ) No Desiree, a Diva moment it wasn't, but like they say- He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at. And BB loves to laugh.

      So happy to see you here again bella! BB2U

      Delete
  7. No pictures needed. I've got tears from laughter here as I run the mental image through my head. Tights?! Brave women! They went the way of spanx with the heat here.
    good like on your 30 day Journey. More for us!
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa mujer, You've felt my pain!! JAHAJAHA Loving the line "They went the way of spanx" and your visit. Gracias for the comment- mucho appreciated.

      BB2U

      Delete
  8. Jajaja! I love your way to write! Love this blog and post! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well how nice of you to say!! Mil Gracias & thanks for dancing w/me- hope to see you again soon.

      BB2U

      Delete
  9. Jaja! I love your way to write! You are so funny! Love this post and blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Alejandra, how sweet of you to say that. Mucho appreciated.

      BB2U

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Now missy, you're a very talented woman- I'm sure you've got a detailed and pretty accurate picture of the day in your artistic mind... just do me a favor and picture me about 20 pounds lighter? ; )

      Abrazotes y BB2U

      Delete

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!