December 06, 2012

Flowing with Ford- part 3- The Final Drive




The final day of the Ford Fusion Event and almost literally BB's final drive.



The day started off well enough, more than well enough.  Babushka woke up energized from so much pampering- and ready for more. 



 It was such a glorious morning I decided to go to the beach before breakfast.





Bello verdad?


After the excelente breakfast we were paired up with our driving partners, who in my case was also Excelente.  I don't know how I got so lucky, but my partner was none other than the remarkable and muy caballeroso Mr. Ricardo Rodriguez-Long.  Read the link, you'll see I'm not being Cuban (exagerada) he truly is remarkable.  Being a resident of LA I was more comfortable with him driving on the mountains and as it turns out, with him being my tour guide.  Como sabe el Sr.! He was a wealth of information and stories; between him and the scenery I almost forgot about my plane ride.  Bueno, I did miss the first one, but that's another story all together. Continuing.



Marvelous Malibu.



Following the Ford flags, we arrived at our switch off point.



Starbucks- they know the way to a gal's heart.


Now see that little girl reading?  It's a statue- unreal right?  Also unreal is the car I was expected to drive was a stick shift.  Oh Ford, JU SO FONII!!! True, my first car was a stick shift, but that was countless moons ago, and on unfamiliar roads, y on mountains??  

At Ricardo's insistence we tried to have Babushka drive.



Babushka with Ricardo Rodriguez-Long 


First off, poor Ricardo had to back out of the parking space for BB because I couldn't get it to go that way. 
He should have stopped there, but caballero and brave soul that he is he wanted me to try out the car.  


Ahuh.  Okaaayyy.


Babushka went out of the parking lot, around the corner and right back into the parking lot.  

We were both so very glad when he took the reins again.



It was now nearing the end of my Ford Fusion event adventure, but Ricardo insisted I visit one more place. Who was I to turn down the invite of my new friend?




Y que rico estaba!  Both the food and the company were wonderful.  In all honesty I could have continued seeing the sights and listening to Ricardo for the rest of the day, but I had a plane to catch and a Leadership Summit to attend.  Babushka had more flowing to do, but the time I spent here,  my days with Ford-

what a ride!!!


Babushka besos a todos.  Cuidensen.







OJO There may be affiiate links in this post, 'cause BB's gotta have her cafe!   ; )  

Bohemian Babushka
Bohemian Babushka

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

27 comments:

  1. Sounds like an adventure! Was that statue wearing overalls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was!! And reading a real book too! heje I'll be posting more pics on Feibu- you're gonna love 'em. Of course no where near the caliber of yours, but you'll get the jist of things w/em. Thanks for coming by- we missed you around here. BB2U

      Delete
  2. I love the places and your adventure! Was a great time! Nice pics!

    Namaste!
    www.MamiHolisticayGenial.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias amiga, the beach encompassed everything you write about in your blog. The serenity, being natural... it was almost magical. BB2U

      Delete
  3. Thank you amiga! Everyday w/BB is an adventure- this just happens to be one of the "funner" ones! ; ) BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a ride indeed! As always I enjoyed your post, your stories are always so entertaining and so foni!! What a wonderful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you commented twice and I'm a saying thank you twice! BB2U

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy reading your posts so much, you are so entertaining and so foni!! It sounds like this was a really interesting and fun adventure and someone was certainly looking out for you to put Mr. Rodriguez-Long in your path. Trips like this really become memorable when you have good company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, muchachita linda- thanks for taking time out of your wonderful bday celebration- talk about fun adventures!! He really was great company and I learned about a world I never knew existed, the car world is so varied and so many aficionados. Between him and Linda Water Nelson I didn't feel SO lost. ; ) Great comment; gracias y BB2U.

      Delete
  6. I grew up in LA and still haven't seen enough of it. Glad you enjoyed a taste of my hometown. I still drive stick. It was a bit of an adventure when I broke my finger but that's what we wonder women do! Now I'm going to have to go back and check parts 1 and 2 of your Ford adventure. I think I missed them. what was I thinking???
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Marissa- what were you thinking?!?!? ; ) Thanks for the always great comments- hope part 1 and 2 bring you good memories and a chuckle or two. BB2U

      Delete
  7. What a fun adventure! And the meal tuvo que ser delicosa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalia it was! Las dos cosas! Gracias por visitar; BB2U.

      Delete
  8. OMG I love the fan you have the says Ju so foni ;) Seems like you had a great time and the car is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heje one of a kind fans that's for sure! ; ) Had a fantastic time and the car IS beautiful and drives beautifully too. Thanks for commenting. BB2U

      Delete
  9. What a fun adventure! I love how you tell the story :)

    HippieChicPao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very fun niña linda, and thanks for enjoying my storytelling. BB2U

      Delete
  10. Wow what a fun day! The Beach and Starbucks would be my two favorite things if I lived on the coast as well. I don't know who Ricardo Rodriquez-Long is but it sounds like you have a blast. How did you get so lucky to do this Ford Fusion thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Heather! I won a contest- in Spanish, here's the post about it. http://bohemianbabushka.blogspot.com/2012/11/flowing-with-ford.html Still surprised/proud of myself and enjoying the memories. Thanks for coming by from the Weekend Showcase! BB2U

      Delete
  11. Where is my comment?!?!?! Anyway delete the other one. What I wanted to say was I want to travel with you a la Thelma and Louise sans the car going over the canyon but with many of the Brad Pitts look a like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment dear one is on the other post, wonderful as always. Now for the Thelma and Louise part...JU SO FONII!!! Exchange the Brad Pitt for Johnny Depp (or Harrison Ford) and BB's sooooo there!
      ; ) Gracias for another excellent comment mujer. BB2U x 10.

      Delete
  12. babuushka, ju so foni. me encanta ver tus viajes y como escribes!!! i hope we can meet one day!!! :) besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina and hopefully we can meet soon. Are you going to Hispanicize 2013? I'll be speaking on one of the panels. BB2U

      Delete
  13. Sounds like un dia bello! xoxoxo, adri

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adventure! I am more of a Dunkin Donuts girl, but if I must - I'll hit up a Starbucks in a punch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had an amazing trip! Thanks for taking me along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!