August 04, 2013

Keeping My Cool with Seaworld

Free entrance tickets, but this post is all BB. Ok, si- and del Dr.


HolaHolaHola My Beautifuls!!

As you well know, Babushka does not do heat.  Not too convenient considering I live in Florida, pero I do have ways to combat that heat aversion.  Queee?? JU SO FONII!!!  Si, I do leave the house once in a while- if it's worth it, and making a grandbaby smile is sooooo worth it. But it does have to be BB style. 

I needed a place that was cool in every sense of the word- and I found it in ANTARCTICA.


SeaWorld Orlando Empire of the Penguin
SeaWorld Orlando

Cool huh?? 
Ok si, it's in Orlando and not real ice, but this was the week of escaping the real and facing fears. 
 El Dr. was up to the challenge- as a matter of fact, it was his idea!

He decided to meet his fear of roller coasters, heights, and fast rides. 
Ejemplo: In the Empire of the Penguin ride you could choose a mild or "wild" ride. 
He chose the "wild".


SeaWorld Orlando Empire of the Penguin

Stock pictures yes, but very true to experience.


SeaWorld Orlando Antarctica Visit with Grandson

Here's El Dr. in one of the entrances to Antarctica


Luckily for us the day was overcast, not many people were there, so we saw almost everything.  Suggestion, bring comfortable shoes and time to see it all.  As I said, it was late and had been raining so many had left- otherwise, I'd suggest at least 2 days to really appreciate all that's available. Continuing.


El Dr. bravely wanted to overcome his fears, but he started off slowly- at  Shamu's Happy Harbor.

 My grandsons brave, not bobo.


SeaWorld Orlando Kiddie Rides
Unfortunately the same can not be said of BB-
those little cups are not made for Cuban Cabooses.

'Nuff said.


SeaWorld Orlando Kiddie Ride
El Dr. Fearless in Seaworld



Once he had conquered the kiddie portion, my grandson decided it was time for the big guns.


SeaWorld Orlando Sky Tower

Sky Tower- 400 Ft high


SeaWorld Orlando Journey to Atlantis Water Ride

Journey to Atlantis


Ok si, another stock picture, pero in my own defense, I didn't take a pic because I was shocked that he truly wanted to ride this, but ride we did.
He taught Babushka a lot that day, but he learned a couple of things too.


SeaWorld Orlando Educational Aquarium Grandchildren


Not only did he learn a lot about himself and the creatures of the sea,
but he learned about his Babushka.



SeaWorld Orlando Shamu Family Memories

Seaworld Orlando Family Pictures Summer Fun


Thankfully, he says she's kept her Cool.


; )







"Having the time of my life!"



I couldn't have agreed more.




Babushka Besos a todos.  Cuidensen.


P.S.  This trip was made possible by the Maravilloso people of  VisitOrlando and Seaworld.  
Mil Gracias for the entrance tickets y'all, and for helping to make this summer a good memory for El Dr.  
These are my sincere thoughts and opinions written with mucho, mucho gratitude.

P.P.S.  Este post is part 2 of My Week w/El Dr.  Here's part 1 in case you missed it.

P.P.P.S. Check out BB's YouTube Channel & Feibu page for more videos and photos of the trip.







Bohemian Babushka
Bohemian Babushka

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been to Sea World in forever but I love it! It is definitely a super fun experience for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!