June 08, 2013

Gotta buy a caseload of Dr. Scholl's...

Photo from: http://www.bravobride.com/blog/tired-feet/


BB was cleaning house until 2:00 a.m.   Quee??  JU SO FONII!! Now y'all KNOW it wasn't literally right?  Ok si, kinda sorta.  This blog is my house, my home, and  I agreed it was time to do some Spring Cleaning here. On the top you'll see actual groupings, not the individual stories just floating around. Of course I had to repost them as posts in order to then get them together as categories, and losing the comments in the meanwhile... proof once again that cleaning- of ANY kind is not Babushka's thing.

They say that when the student is ready the teacher will appear. Bueno, seems like Babushka is supposed to start dancing hard y pa' largo rato, cause I had two great marketing maestras offer to help get me ready for professional ballroom bloggingAs everyone knows, BB does a beautiful impression of Bambi looking at headlights whenever something techie is expected of me, and in this era you really must learn the platforms; it's no longer just typing away.  Thankfully I learned many years ago that to truly comprehend something you need to go to the most basic level, and here my dear friend Helena Osorio-Zavala was the perfect first touch. As an accomplished blogger herself, she knew exactly what I was thinking and apprehensive about PLUS she has worked production with/for brands for years, and to know their mind set is always a good thing.  How many ideas and questions she had!  My head hadn't seen that much smoke since I gave up cigarros!!  GREAT session and starting point.  She showed me where to clean up and organize in order to pursue the projects I had in mind.

And Oh My Beautifuls- does Babushka have lots of projects in mind!!  A monthly Tweety Chat, collaborating with some Groovy Grandmas, and an exercise video.  Si, an exercise video.  With heels, café and water spritzer. You're gonna love it!  But first, to conquer the world of  Google & sponsorship I needed someone totally immersed in that world and the S Sisters y los angelitos brought her to me. 

I had met Cynthia K.Seymour at a SMCSF meeting; she was on a panel of Google experts and could hardly contain her enthusiasm for Google+. Fast forward 8 months to BB trying to update her Blogger by adding the Google+ comments and my own domain name.  Was that a collective ooohhhhh I heard? Si, I have a domain that I can't sign into and comments I can't reply to. AUXILIO!! SOS!! Guess she could sense the desperation over the net and graciously offered to help me with my Google problems. Of course my first problem was being scared to death of Google. It was too much like wordpress- too many options/choices/bells&whistles.  BB's a give it to me straight and simple kinda gal. I was all ready to start the eye glazing, but she is so sincere in her love of Google + Power that you can't help but jump right into the water with her.  Of course she knew Babushka's fear and took me into the kiddie pool first.  What was supposed to be a one hour help turned into a 2.5 hour BBfest, with dream sponsors,plans, strategies and how to use Google+ to achieve my wishes.  Google+, the great genie of my lamp- now all Babushka had to do was rub. Hard.


And this is why I was cleaning until 2:00 a.m.  



Si, a caseload of Dr. Scholl's for this dancer.


oye-


You think they'd sponsor BB??

; )





Babushka Besos a todos.  Cuidensen.










Bohemian Babushka
Bohemian Babushka

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!